Frequently Asked Questions About the Workbook and Workbook Supplement
- Who should submit a report for inclusion in the Workbook?
Every agency that has a report, resolution or recommendation that requires action of the Florida Annual Conference, should submit a report for inclusion in the Annual Conference Workbook.
- What if our report does not require action of the Florida Annual Conference?
All agencies of or related to the Florida Annual Conference are encouraged to submit informational reports for inclusion in the Workbook. We request that informational reports be limited to 750 words or less. Non-business items (promotional information about an upcoming event, workshop, or about an agency, etc.) cannot be included in the Workbook since this is for official business only, but they can be submitted for inclusion in the Annual Conference Workbook Supplement, with printing costs billed to the submitting party. (See information below under “Costs”.)
- Will our agency be charged a printing fee if our report is included in the Workbook?
No, your agency will not be charged a printing fee for inclusion in the Workbook. Printing costs for the Workbook are covered through the annual conference budget. The Workbook is for official annual conference business only.
- When is the deadline to submit a report for inclusion in the Annual Conference Workbook?
Your report should be in the conference data management office (firstname.lastname@example.org) no later than March 1, 2007.
- What if we can’t make this March 1 deadline?
If you are not able to make the March 1 deadline, you should contact Diana Herchig at email@example.com, to make alternate arrangements. We will work with you as best we can to include your report in the Workbook. However, our standing rules state: “All matters requiring action of the Annual Conference shall be available to all delegates no less than ten days prior to the opening day of Annual Conference.” In order to honor this, we must set and adhere to certain print deadlines.
- Is there another option available if we cannot make the March 1, 2007 deadline?
You may submit your report for inclusion in the Workbook Supplement, which has a later print deadline of May 1, 2007. Please note, however, that the Workbook Supplement is not distributed to delegates prior to annual conference and printing costs are billed to the submitting party.
- When is the deadline to submit a report for inclusion in the Workbook Supplement and when is it distributed to delegates?
Your report should be in the conference data management office (firstname.lastname@example.org) no later than May 1, 2007, for inclusion in the Workbook Supplement. The Workbook Supplement is distributed on-site at the annual conference event at the time of registration. Printing costs will be billed to the submitting party.
- Are there any special instructions for submitting a business report for inclusion in the Workbook and Workbook Supplement?
Yes, there are specific format instructions which are listed below.
- Still have questions about submitting a report? Please e-mail your question(s) to ACQuestions@flumc.org.